A child’s environment is a major factor in their skill acquisition, development and retention. To address this we offer school, home and/or facility visits where required as well as practice based assessment and treatment at Noosa Physiotherapy Centre. Comprehensive reports can also be provided which include all relevant assessment findings and recommendations / strategies for home/school/facility implementation.
Paediatric Physiotherapy may assist children with:
- Delayed Developmental Milestones – such as sitting, crawling, walking, playing and manipulating toys
- Early intervention for children at risk of developmental delay e.g. prematurity, plagiocephaly, talipes, torticollis, developmental coordination disorder
- Biomechanical or gait abnormalities and scoliosis assessment and management
- Disabilities – e.g. equipment prescription and functional exercise programs to assess and manage conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism and chronic respiratory conditions
- Difficulty at School – poor writing, scissor usage, drawing, gross motor skills (e.g. catching/throwing; running, jumping, climbing) and difficulty following instructions
- Restlessness / Concentration – constant shifting, disturbing others, and poorly focused on tasks