Noosa physio Centre’s Accredited Exercise Physiologists are Allied Health Practitioners with a minimum of 4 years University qualifications and are accredited with Exercise and Sports Science Australia ESSA and registered with Medicare, DVA, MAIC, WorkCover and private health insurers.
At Noosa Physio Centre, our Accredited Exercise Physiologists deliver exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs for the rehabilitation and prevention of:-
- chronic disease
- falls prevention
- post-acute musculo-skeletal exercise rehabilitation
- preventative health programs to optimise wellness.
- sports performance training
- Exercise Rehabilitation programs are based on current scientific research and best practice guidelines
- Holistic health approach with behavioural and lifestyle modification counselling.
- AEP’s work with your health practitioners and provide written communication to referring practitioners.
Suitable patient conditions can include:
- Type 2 diabetes
- cardiovascular disease
- pre diabetes
- musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- preventative health
- poor balance / falls risk
- cancer management
- chronic pain
- poor balance
- low muscle mass
- polycystic ovarian syndrome
- sedentary behaviours
- poor exercise compliance
- sports performance
Our Exercise Physiology Services
- Rebates and Bulk Billing
- Private clients with or without referral – private health rebates – check with insurer
- Medicare Chronic Disease Management Program CDM (EPC) 5 individual visits per year – Bulk billed
- Medicare Group Type 2 Diabetes – initial assessment and 8 group visits per year – Bulk Billed
- WorkCover (GP referral and insurance agency approval required)
- MAIC (referral by GP)
- Veterans Affairs (GP letter referral form D904)
Individual Exercise prescription – based on your unique needs and medical condition.
Individual training – rehabilitation exercise and lifestyle counselling to maximise clinical goals.
Small group training – of up to 4 clients for up to 1 hour duration, functional strength or Clinical Pilates.
Fully equipped on site Gym – specific for maximal results based on current scientific functional training and overload principles.
Lift for Life® (link – www.liftforlife.com.au) – evidence-based resistance training program developed by the Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute for adults with or at risk of developing chronic medical conditions such as type 2 diabetes or Osteoporosis. As this twice weekly program is uniquely supervised by our Exercise Physiologist, Maryanne Long, individually prescribed exercise rehabilitation is included and Medicare’s CDM and Group type 2 diabetes bulk biking applies.
This page contains general information on our primary services, this list is non-exhaustive and if you require a service not listed please contact us, our friendly staff are always happy to discuss your needs.